Friday, September 30, 2011

Big Lintball Mess

Well, I felted my thrift store wool sweaters with the cloth diapers last night (they both need to be washed on hot so why do two loads, ya know?) and let me just say BAD IDEA!! I wish I would have taken a picture to show you the horrendousness of it. The diapers were covered, and I mean COVERED, with tons of wool lint. I had an awful time pulling lint out of the hook and loop closures as well as trying to remove it from the fleecy/minky parts. UGH. Learn from my mistake and don't do this!

I plan on starting my wool soakers later today. Here's the link for the pattern I'm using:
http://www.borntolove.com/frugal-column2.html
I had intended to use this pattern here:
http://www.clothdiaperblog.com/how-to-make-an-upcycled-wool-soaker/ but I forgot to get elastic while I was at the fabric store. I'll try this method next time.

The first pattern seems super easy and I hope to have two soakers by the end of the night. I'm guessing I should lanolize them before using but I just might be too excited to wait and give them a try without doing it. Then again, we see where shortcuts have gotten me in the past! Wish me luck! Pics to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment