Thursday, September 29, 2011

Boobie Beanie

Fall is finally here and I've been looking everywhere for cute, warm hats for Annabelle. I haven't seen any I like in stores and finally stumbled upon a few on Etsy. Etsy is evil, by the way. I like to check it out while I'm nursing and the other night when baby was up at 3:30 AM I didn't go back to sleep until 5:30 (she, however, when back to sleep at 3:45). Not only did I lose sleep but I lost money. Evil, evil, evil! I almost bought a cute crocheted owl hat until I realized, duh! I can knit! I looked up some patterns online and found a bunch of adorable options. The following takes the cake. I share with you the boobie beanie:
I almost wish I had twins so I could make a pair! Here's the link: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/breast-hat

Unfortunately, I can't really figure out how to find the pattern on the ravelry website so I won't be making it yet but isn't that the cutest darn thing EVER?! Hello conversation starter for breastfeeding advocacy! Once I make one I'll definitely post pics of Annabelle sporting her boobie beanie. Love it!

Until I figure that out, I'm making this hat instead:
http://www.innerchildcrochet.com/patterns/peas_in_a_pod.php
Hopefully I'll start tonight and have pics to show this weekend but that's assuming I'll have two free hands sometime soon and that's a pretty rare occurance!

Here's a page full of tons of free baby hat pattern links, including the two above:
http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/baby_hats.php
You have to check out the 'Jive Turkey' hat. Hilarious! Happy knitting, everyone!

And tomorrow...adventures in making upcycled wool soakers. My thrift store-scored sweaters are going in the washer with the diapers tonight to be felted. Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment